Friday, April 1, 2011

April 1 2011 SAYONARA, California!

Less than 12 hours now until the flight to Japan - we spent most of the evening packing and re-packing and re-packing...trying to get everything sorted between two suitcases, neither weighing more than 50 lbs. One suitcase is filled with toothpaste, toothbrushes, flashlights, bottled water and other items to share with those in need. The other suitcase holds a sleeping bag, clothes, shoes, personal items and some things for Sandy and Brent, who are my contacts in Japan (my sister and brother-in-law). My carryon items are a laptop bag, which includes my camera, a portable keyboard and mouse, and my mp3 player, as well as some reading material for the plane; and a messenger bag with my wallet, passport, international driver's license, flight info, travelers checks, my japanese phrase book and flash cards for practicing.

It's been many years since I did anything this bold - even though all 4 of our children have been abroad several times, I've only been to the US, Canada and Mexico. I'm not totally sure what to expect, but I'm trusting God will use me in as many ways as possible.

Thank you all for your prayers and support.

Ken

1 comment:

  1. Ken, this will be a life changing experience. I am so proud of you and hope you are utilized to the max! Blessings on your time there. Thanks for being willing to go! Veronica

    ReplyDelete