Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 Bright Ideas and a Bright Blanket

Gray skies threatening rain. I go out for a morning jog and meet some cows in stalls at the first house by the underpass. I see there’s also a rest area (no facilities) just on the other side of the expressway. After I get back the cold rain hits. We’ll spend the day getting ready for tomorrow.

The boxes of clothes have been picked through so many times that they are jumbled and mixed up and some of them have had a bit of the ever-present dust deposited by the wind. We’re thinking that there must be a better way to display them than just setting out boxes. Beth and I open the boxes one by one to start resorting. Soon I leave her to that while I try to get captions on all my pictures.

Chad has an idea, so he’s heading north to the DIY store in Tome for materials to build a rack to actually hang clothes on. We also need things like extension cords, a bigger mirror, and desk lamps for the base, and cooking gear for the big group that’s coming up tomorrow.
Early evening Chad calls us to come meet him and finish shopping for what we need. Beth takes me to the youth and young adult style store to get new clothes for the two young women we met yesterday at the house that had no bathroom facilities. I guess Beth had heard that they had very few clothes.
After dark we head back and the rain has turned to snow and the dojo and the fields have a fine new white dusting. By the way did I say already that it is verrry cold inside the dojo?

No comments:

Post a Comment